Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.00pm
Tel: 01347 821 329
The Easingwold Advertiser & Weekly News is a family-owned paper for Easingwold and the surrounding area
The Easingwold Advertiser & Weekly News is a family-owned paper for Easingwold and the surrounding area, providing topical news and features of the day, with an overwhelming local slant, since 1892 serving the communities of Easingwold and local villages.
The Easingwold Advertiser & Weekly News carries no political editorial content but occasionally comments on issues transcending party politics eg Europe, farming etc.
We cover local news in Easingwold and local villages from sport, WIs, local politics, societies, schools, festivals and events in fact everything to do with Easingwold & District.
We are based in Easingwold Town Hall in the centre of Easingwold’s Georgian Market Place. Easingwold Town Hall was built in 1864 by private subscription and was purchased outright by George Smith in the late 1950s to accommodate the printing business of G H Smith & Son and The Easingwold Advertiser & Weekly News.
Print production for G H Smith & Son and The Easingwold Advertiser & Weekly News began in Easingwold Town Hall in 1962 moving away from it’s original base behind Bank House (through the ginnel) just off Easingwold Market Place.
The Easingwold Advertiser & Weekly News was originally printed on a gas-powered (eventually moving onto electric) letterpress machines before offset Lithography took over in the early 1970s, it is now printed on digital print presses.
Advertising is varied from Easingwold & District through to national products and services. The 30p cover price ensures maximum impact for all Easingwold & District advertisers as circulation figures are not projected but based on total sales per issue. The Easingwold Advertiser & Weekly News has been providing local news & advertising since January 1892 and is now an essential part of the fabric of Easingwold & District.
The paper is currently sold throughout Easingwold and local villages, from Ampleforth in the north to Shipton by Beningbrough in the south to Sheriff Hutton in the east to Helperby in the west.