G H Smith

Opening Times
Mon - Fri 9am - 5.00pm
Tel: 01347 821 329


The Easingwold Advertiser & Weekly News is a family-owned paper for Easingwold and the surrounding area


Saturday 18th June 2022

This annual competition has been held since 1983 and was started by William Pearson Browns widow after he passed away.

William was a one time owner of the land where the bowling green now stands and apart from being a keen bowler he was also a butcher who had a shop on Chapel Street and he had an abattoir at the rear.

He also lived on Chapel Street where the shoe shop now stands.

He rented the land to the club on a 21 year lease in 1953 for the princely sum of £1-10/- per annum after which the land became the property of the club members...

(To read the rest of this article go along to your nearest stockist and buy a copy of the paper)

To view archived news stories please click here.